Thursday, January 7, 2010

Well, the weather outside is frightful...


Winter has come to Florida.  We get an actual winter once every three or four years with temperatures highs in the 40s and 50s and temperatures below freezing overnight.  Personally, I am loving it.

First of all, I look damn cute in sweaters and jeans and second, my hair looks great without all the humidity frizzing it out in every direction.

Oh and my rings aren't tight around my fingers due to the hot weather swelling up my fingers like Ms. Piggy's.

I love getting home and throwing on a pair of sweatpants a big baggy sweat shirt and my santa clause sleepers that I received as a Christmas gift.

And cuddling under two blankets and a quilt with the pillow being cool is simply heavenly.

Ahhhh...

Sure there are bad parts...

I don't like getting out of the shower and having to put on bathrobe on right away.  I prefer to do hair and makeup in a towel.

The electric heat dries out my skin and I have applied more lotion to my body than two whores oil wrestling.

I could only find two gloves and they don't match so I do look a little strange to the toll collector.

And there was actual FROST on my windshield this morning.  FROST! As in I couldn't leave because the wipers wouldn't work and I couldn't see.  Of course scraping it was totally out of the question so I had to wait for the car to heat up enough to melt the shit. 

All in all, I think I'd like another month or two of winter weather.  Next week's forecast has it warming up to the mid 60s so it appears 10 days is all we get this year.

I'll need to stock up on frizz freeze again.

6 comments:

Diva's Thoughts said...

I...hate...winter. I hate being cold. Blah!

The Dish said...

Will you adopt me? I bathe regularly, cook, and clean.

Karen said...

I have never lived anywhere without a true winter. I don't think I would like it. But right now what you describe as winter would be a heat wave. We are getting snow again tongiht.

Special K said...

Well if SCM was here he would have to don on 5 more sweaters and 3 more pair of thermals. This Southern state just hit NEGATIVES today. Which, I know you understand our big news because you too are Southern, it just doesn't get that kind of cold here. We don't have the insulation or the car motor warmers or the clothes for this mess but in the next breath, the weather man said 52 next week so guess ours is short lived too. We will be back in the 90s in probably 8 weeks so I guess I should enjoy eh?

Anonymous said...

Yeah I'd enjoy it too if it happened once every three or four years! I really need to move South. These negative temps are killing me.

Doc said...

LOL - Hey Christine... I referenced you on my blog today...