Monday, June 1, 2009

How about a game this week?

Since my life is too boring to blog about and since I refuse to go into the mall, drop trou, and scream "WOO! I AM MASTURBATING LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER!" just to get material, I need something interesting to do.

Besides, last time I tried that it involved a pesky trial and four months in the psycho ward. Which really wasn't all that bad. The food was good and there was never a lack of the random inmate trying to catch imaginary butterflies while singing the Cheers theme song.

But I digress.

This morning while listening to Howard Stern...

do NOT judge me...


They were talking about a name that tune of sorts that one of the team members had participated in.

What I thought I would do is...

Number One: Trust you kids not to Google. You know who you are...

Number two" Put up one dozen partial lyrics from songs from 1950-2000. Your job is to fill in the words that are missing to complete the chorus..

For example, if I write:

CopaCabana Barry Manilow 1978

At the Copa, Copacabana
The hottest spot north of Havana
At the Copa, Copacabana
Music and passion ....

Your job is to complete the words to the chorus.

I will be judge and jury and the winner will receive......

drumroll.....................

A composite CD of all the songs...

OR

a new car and a trip to Paris.

Judge's choice.

So stay tuned to see which one of you listens to far too much music when you should be watching Grey's Anatomy with the rest of the country.

10 comments:

Meggy said...

....... were always the fashion,

At the copa
They fell in love.

Are you kidding me? I think I know every Barry Manglenose ever written until1999. I stopped after that. Not as knowledgeable after that!

Long time reader, rare poster.

razorbeck said...

were always in fashion
at the Copa, Copa cabanaaaa

Christine said...

bo is exactly right.

Razor..buuzzzzz. Wrong answer.

Not going to be easy, is it?

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I may have to rely on the Evil Twin for this. He managed a record store for years. :-)

Olly said...

I'll just have to trust the others. A Barry Manilow tune never makes it past the first bar or two with me.

Sooo...Malls don't seem to be good experiences for you. I've felt like running and pushing people out of my way...but I think I like your methods better;-)

Special K said...

I am a closet "Fanilow" ok not so much now eh? I am not ashamed!
Did somebody really do that at a mall and blog about it? Cuz I need to add them! LOL My life is so dull.........zzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Libby said...

oh, this'll be fun! and i bet i'm the only one here who actually DID go to a barry manilow concert, in 1994!

Coffeypot said...

Honestly, I had rather go to the mall with you.

Anonymous said...

Can I be honest and say the only reason I even know of that song at all is from the episode of "Friends" where Rachel sings it at Barry's wedding with Mindy.

Sorry.

The Dish said...

We have a boobie bar a few towns over named the Kappa Kabbana. They play that song between dancers. And I used to work in a bar that had terrible lounge singers. So, yes, I know that song. Keep 'em coming, this will be fun! ;)