Friday, January 16, 2009




Rules Schmules...

The Rules
1. Link to the person who tagged you. See below and make sure you go abuse them on my behalf for fucking with me.
2. Post the rules on your blog. Here ya go. This be them.
3. Write six random things about yourself. Six. Random. Things? I don't get it so I guess I need to go copy off of someone elses paper.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. Don't worry, I don't believe misery loves company. If you want to do it, knock yourself out. I'll even check it out if you say pretty please.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up. I would but I am not talking to either one of them ever again.

So, I am supposed to come up with six random fucked up things I do? I guess I am going to have dispel the thought that I am perfect in every way... Damn.

1.I hate telephones. I hate talking on them and I cringe when I hear one ring. I find them very intrusive. I rarely will answer a phone. Even at my desk, most go to voicemail unless I am expecting a call. If I have something to say that can't be said in person, I will send an email or a text message. If a phone call must take place, I will be the one to initiate it and I have to psyche myself up to do it.

2. I don't balance my check book and trust the bank to be right. I never know how much I have in my checking account and have to rely on overdraft protection at least once per month. I'd rather pay the $5.00 transfer fee than balance my account or log on to see if I have any money to write the check I plan on using.

3.I work 10-12 hours per day during the week, return home and do 2 or 3 hours more of housework. I do this so I have Saturdays completely free to blob or shop or do whatever I want. I have spent many a Saturday while the kids run in and out zoning out to HBO and napping. I love Saturdays.

4. I am always reading two or three novels at once. I mention this because I have heard that it is odd. I have one on tape to hear while I commute, one in the bedroom to read before sleep and one in the bathroom because I enjoy multitasking. They are always different genres so I never get them confused. Along those same lines, I will reread a book I like over and over until I almost have it memorized.

5. I have started writing dozens of novels and have completed the first draft of four. When I put them down a few days and come back to them, I despise every word and start over. I would never allow anyone to read one until I know it is perfect. Unfortunately, I don't think that will ever happen. I can't reread my old blog entries because I tend to want to tweak them and/or make corrections.

6.I only like being touched and receiving affection from people I truly love. When casual friends, acquaintances and work associates hug me, it freaks me out and I feel like screaming for them to get out of my personal space.

Okay. That is enough insight into the incredibly delusional mind of Christine for one day. I hope Beth and Jenny are happy now.

11 comments:

Jay said...

I don't balance my checkbook either, but I always have a very good idea of how much is in there. I'm rarely off by very much.

Real Live Lesbian said...

C'mere....let me hug ya! ;)

Great list. I *despise* the telephone!

Burfica said...

I multi task in the bathroom too. But my family always finds me so I end up holding court in there while I sit on the throne.

Special K said...

Everything but 3 and 5 is exactly me! It is called ADD, where are our drugs?

Christine said...

Wow..I can get drugs for my fuckupedness? SCORE!

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Olly said...

I'm with you on number 1. I think I'm the only person who swears out loud in public places when my cell rings.

J Fab said...

I don't answer my phone after 5 unless it's my husband. I talk all day at work (email & text as much as I can) and when I come home... I'm done with the phone.

Alekx said...

I have to be on the phone or listening to a radio 8 to 12 hours a day. I really would rather text then talk. blah blah blah
I like to multitask in the bathroom, however life is hard when the puppy thinks this is time to play ball with him.
sheesh

Libby said...

i ALWAYS have a book open in at least 3 or 4 rooms in my house! and i ALWAYS reread books!! there are MANY books i'll never get enough of!!

TLP said...

You're pretty damn normal. How disappointing.