Thursday, April 30, 2009

How Much Do You Love Your S.O.?





I don't know if any of you are familiar with the Tiny House Guy. He sells plans to create small living spaces for people to lower costs and to lessen the prints on the environment.

He currently resides in a home of 89sq feet. Right now I am in my office which is more than double that and although it is fine to hang out in while I am working, to call something this small home?

I don't think so.

To try to live in half of it?

Fuck no.

However, I thought further and wondered if I would be "fuck no-ing" if it wasn't about being environmentally conscientious but a choice between living with people I didn't particularly care for in a bigger house or try to fit all my shoes in the doll house.

Doll House wins, hands down. You can only avoid other people so long. There has to be common areas such as kitchens even if you are lucky enough to have a private place to doodie.

Which got me thinking even further...

(Do you see a pattern here? Avoidance of work equals stupid mind wanderings....)

Is there anyone anywhere that I would feel perfectly able to share such a small place with and not be plotting their untimely death in a matter of days if not hours?

I've got nobody past or present.

Do you?

9 comments:

janet copenhaver said...

I have sorta done it. We had a small cabin that hubby lived in while building down in Westcliffe. I sometimes stayed there for several days and up to a week or ten days. No electricity, no running water, outhouse, the whole nine yards. Interesting experience, can be done, oh and we had 4 dogs with us to boot!

Libby said...

...chris, fuck no! hence my two divorces! i love all my blogger friends, but, through the computer screen is close enough, ya know?

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I could not live in that small of a space even by myself. I like my space.

Coffeypot said...

I could but with my televison, pc and books, as well as being 6'4" of hicky bate, I would have to sleep standing up. Where would anyone else fit in?

razorbeck said...

I dont think I could live by myself in a space that small but 200 square feet and a good bathroom and I could live there forever.

If you need space from your SO? That is what garages are for

Anonymous said...

89 sq feet? That's just fuckin' crazy. Period. I also think Janeywan is a little bit crazy (no running water or electricity and four dogs, crazy!)

I could definitely live alone for any given period of time, but I gotta have something to decorate!

Jay said...

Ohhhhhhhhh so small, how is that possible?

namaste said...

i could barely live in such a small space alone, let alone with another person. no way.

i can think of loads a ppl i would drag out of bed in the middle of the night and lock out of such a tiny space with me.

The Girl said...

Nope, I could never live with others, I have a hard enough time living with The Asshole