Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ho Ho Ho and a Bottle of Nyquil.



My little bastard son gave me a cold. I am a whiny miserable sick person and just want to be left alone. However, seeing I am having a party for a dozen or so people Christmas Eve, I guess that isn't a possibility.  So I am trying to get through the next day and a half in my office without killing someone and then suffer through the holidays with my family without killing someone.  The familar is so comforting.


I had to interrupt this entry to talk to an employee that knocked and asked if I had a second. This is never good.

The bitch just told me she misses her newborn and has decided to become a SAHM for a while. "It is better for the kid's well being" blah blah blah. Yeah, but what about ME? Now I have to find someone and have her trained right around the holidays. Inconsiderate piece of pond scum. Always worried what is best for the children. Like they remember who it is that wipes the shit off their ass at this age anyway.

So now I am sick, miserable and have to sort through two hundred resumes from under qualified people claiming great customer satisfaction (hooker) or wonderful communication skills (Phone sex worker).

I am not exaggerating about the amount of applications I will receive. It is sad in the sunshine state. Unemployment is greater than 12% and I will receive resumes from people with MBAs and PHDs but desperate for anything at this point.

As a business person, I won't even consider anyone like that because the reality is, the entire time they are working answering the telephone, they are going to be seeking something better. I can't blame them but I can't afford the staff flip every three to six months either.

I am going to blow my nose now. What, too much information? I didn't describe it or anything...

8 comments:

Doc said...

I laughed just at the title to this post... Love your wit. AND how dare that hoochie choose her kid over working for you?

Vinomom said...

Nothing like being sick over the holidays! Replacing employees is the worst, especially the training part.

razorbeck said...

What about stanky britches?


Good luck with the family

Too bad you never heard of Boxing Day. The day after Christmas that you needto recover from Christmas

Coffeypot said...

If I can work from home, you can have me for less money. But then I wouldn't get the chance to chase you around your desk. Oh Well!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Libby said...

...yeah...i know you'll be checking the kleenex after you blow your nose like everybody does, like they're looking for a winning lottery ticket or something!

The Dish said...

Hope you are all recovered. This post made me sad all the way around.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!