Friday, April 9, 2010


My vacation plans are driving me crazy.  I know I am a spoiled bitch and have no right to complain but my girlfriend is expecting my feedback on everything from hotels to breakfast delis to subway lines vs taxis on our fun filled trip to Manhattan next week and my family is attempting to get my opinion on beach front condos for summer vacation.

And I simply don't give a shit.

Really...

I want to go away.  I do.  I just don't want to have to think too much about it.  Tell me where to be, at what time with approximately how many credit cards and I'll show up with a bathing suit or parka or whatever the situation dictates.  

I have to admire both of their tenacity in trying to find the perfect hotel at the perfect price in the perfect location.   I just would admire it even more if neither cared what I thought.  I really have no opinion other than those limited by budget restraints and dates.  In other words, I have the when and how covered,they can feel free to cover the where.

This is why I like cruising.  There is a lot less thinking involved.

My link of the week are some travel horror stories.  Enjoy and have a nice weekend kids.

10 comments:

The Dish said...

I prefer vacations that are planned for me by others as well.

Have a great time next week!

Me said...

ARGHWAKAMAWANALOLOLOLOGRRRRRRROOOOBEE!!!

Stacey said...

Wells aid. However, I am the planner, right down to a tee. Enjoyed your blog. Thanks for sharing! If you get a chance check mine out at www.staceysmomentsinmotion.blogspot.com I will pop back in sometime.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I'm one of those annoying planner types, but everyone else is happy to let me do it. I don't ask their opinions. LOL.

Libby said...

life was a whole lot easier back when i was 20 & could throw a suitcase full of clothes in the car & go up around the lake for a week!

Coffeypot said...

My best vacations have been when we just got in the car and waited to see where the front in takes us. No plans, stay where we wanted, and saw what we wanted to see. Sunned as long as we wanted, drank when and where we happened to be. I hate plans and time schedules.

zuzula said...

A friend of mine organized a short break in Prague once. All I had to do was hand over my half of the cost. It was the only time in my life I was not the organizer and I loved it!

DILLIGAF said...

All you need is a beach, a bar, a bed, another bar, a shower, another bar, t-shirts and shorts, another bar, nude bathing immediately opposite another bar, a curry house, another bar and that's it.

Dinners perfect vacation.

What's the problem? Never easy to please you ladies are you?

Matty said...

Ha, love the cartoon.

I let my wife make the plans, and I just show up.

Christine said...

ZuZula;

I was seeing someone once that took care of all that for me. It was wonderful. I just had to handle the plane ticket. Not even a ride too and from the airport had to be figured out. Sigh... that was nice.